As a resident of Detroit and a product of Detroit Public Schools, I am committed to working to create a safer, cleaner, stronger community for all of us. I am the only Michigan legislator with a fully-staffed service center – delivering more than ten unique, local programs to help working families build economic stability:
- Helping over 400 families save their homes from tax foreclosure
- Increasing access to weatherization programs.
- Stopping utility shutoffs for hundreds of families.
- Gaining better city services for thousands of residents.
- Providing free tax preparation services to over 1,000 families, bringing in over $1 million in refunds.
- Promoting childhood literacy by distributing over 9,000 free books.
- Connecting hundreds of our youth with college admissions representatives and assisting graduating seniors with their financial aid applications.
I am the eldest of 14 and a child of immigrants, and I know the importance of hard work, honesty, and commitment to community. Both at the Capitol and in our neighborhoods, my priority is serving you and your family.
To learn more about the work I’m doing as your State Representative, visit http://012.housedems.com.
State Representative,12th District
P.O. Box 9380
Detroit , MI 48209